NEW YORK STATE OFFICE FOR THE AGING:
Freedom Of Information Law (FOIL) Requests
The Freedom of Information Law reaffirms your right to know how your government operates. It provides rights of access to records reflective of governmental decisions and policies that affect the lives of every New Yorker. In New York State, each department and/or agency has a contact person for the public to contact in order to make a request for information as allowed for under the Freedom of Information statute.
In order to make a request of the New York State Office for the Aging, your request should be forwarded in writing to:
- Stephen Syzdek, FOIL Officer
- Two Empire State Plaza
- Albany, NY 12223-1251
If you prefer to file your request electronically, you may do so by sending your request to the Aging FOIL Officer.
Should you have any questions regarding the Freedom of Information Law, please refer to the NYS Department of State.
Below is the subject matter list for which records may be available from our agency under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL):
- Caregiver's Resource Centers
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Program (CDSMP)
- Community Services for the Elderly Program (CSE)
- Congregate Services Initiative (CSI)
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Program
- Elder Abuse Outreach and Education Program
- Expanded In-home Services for the Elderly Program (EISEP)
- Foster Grandparent Program
- Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Legal Assistance for the Elderly Program
- Legal Services Initiative
- Liveable NY
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP)
- Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program (MCCAP)
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities (NORCs)
- Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities (NNORCs)
- Nutrition Programs for Older Adults under the Congregate Meals Program, the Home Delivered Meals Program and the Farmer's Market Nutrition Program
- NY Connects: Your Link to Long Term Services and Supports Program
- NYS Office for the Aging Senior Citizen's Help-line
- Older Americans Act - Title V Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
- Respite Programs for Caregivers of Older Adults
- Senior Companion Program
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- Social Model Adult Day Services Program (SADS).
- New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA) Four Year Plan
- Area Agency on Aging Annual Implementation Plan (AIP) and Four Year Plan
- Language Access Plan
- Audits and Evaluations
- Issuances (Program Instructions, Technical Assistance Memorandums, Information Memorandums)
- Contracts and MOUs
- Reports and Statistics
- Press Releases
- Brochures: 101 Tips (heating) brochure; Are You Concerned Older Driver Booklet; Dining Together; Generator Safety; Guard York Card; HIICAP brochure; LTCOP brochure; LTCOP Authorization Form; Medicare Check List; New York Connects; Senior Citizens Resource Guide; SMP; Veterans brochure.
Last updated on March 18, 2015.